My neighbor and I went out Monday AM just before high tide and caught several bluefish. Just before the tide change there were scattered finger mullet washing up in waves and I was able to catch quite a few with the cast net. I was fishing with cut mullet on a double-drop rig and got consisitent bites. I switched back to off-the-shelf metal leader rigs as the first few bluefish I caught cut my hand-made flourocarbon rigs with their sharp teeth. Don't forget, the new limit on bluefish is 3 per day per person.
Latest from Jason
- 11/27/20-MOLOKA‘I FORESTS TO BE PROTECTED FROM WILDFIRES & EROSION
- 11/26/20-SHARK WARNING SIGNS UP IN WEST MAUI FOLLOWING AFTERNOON INCIDENT
- 11/25/20-BROKEN CORALS RESTORED TO CORAL REEF AT MAKAKŌ BAY
- 11/25/20-‘IAO VALLEY STATE MONUMENT HAS REOPENED
- Know Before You Go: Wildlife Commission Reminds Hunters of Deer Carcass Importation Restrictions