We were trying to catch some pompano last Sunday, fishing with live shrimp. My neighbor Emily got the first bite of the day, and hauled in a fish I had never seen before. As you can see in the picture above, it looks a little bit like a shark and a little bit like a stingray. It's a guitarfish, which is a type of ray. It put up a good fight. We snapped a few pictures then tossed him back in the surf.
Latest from Jason
- 8/1/20-A DECADE OF URCHIN ACTIVITY IN KĀNEʻOHE BAY LEADS TO SEAWEED-FREE CORALS
- 7/31/20-FIRST DOCARE ACADEMY FOR ROOKIE CONSERVATION OFFICERS MARKS NUMEROUS FIRSTS
- 7/29/20-NON-NATIVE CORALS REMOVED FROM KĀNEʻOHE BAY
- 7/28/20-PEOPLE BEHAVING BADLY LEADS TO CLOSURE OF POLIHALE STATE PARK
- 7/28/20-AN ANCIENT LO‘I KALO IN HAKIPU‘U PROTECTED FOREVER