It's very easy to put up finger mullet for future use. During the late summer, fall and early winter, when mullet are plentiful in the surf, I typically put a few dozen bags of mullet in the freezer. When I return home from fishing at the beach, I simply dump out my left over mullet in the grass, rinse off the sand, and put them in pint and quart bags. I put these in the freezer, and during the rest of the year, I just grab a bag or two and head to beach. They thaw very quickly at the beach and are usally good for a couople more days if put them in the fridge between fishing trips. Mind you I have an old fridge in the garage that is used mostly for bait (and a few beers) as it tends to smell a bit fishy.
Latest from Jason
- 04/25/19-EXPERTS RULE OUT TIGER SHARK AS SPECIES THAT BIT CALIFORNIA VISITOR
- Wildlife Commission Reminds Homeowners to Be Bat-Friendly during Bat Pup-Rearing Season
- Black Bears are on the Move – What to Do and What Not to Do
- 04/23/19-WAIMEA AND HANAPEPE PROPERTY OWNERS MAY BE FACED WITH MANDATORY FLOOD INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS
- 04/23/19-MĀLAMA HAWAI‘I CAMPAIGN: ON-THE-AIR, IN-THE-AIR, IN-YOUR ROOM