It's very easy to put up finger mullet for future use. During the late summer, fall and early winter, when mullet are plentiful in the surf, I typically put a few dozen bags of mullet in the freezer. When I return home from fishing at the beach, I simply dump out my left over mullet in the grass, rinse off the sand, and put them in pint and quart bags. I put these in the freezer, and during the rest of the year, I just grab a bag or two and head to beach. They thaw very quickly at the beach and are usally good for a couople more days if put them in the fridge between fishing trips. Mind you I have an old fridge in the garage that is used mostly for bait (and a few beers) as it tends to smell a bit fishy.
Latest from Jason
- Northampton Co. Shooting Range Ribbon Cutting Ceremony Set for Dec. 18
- Yadkinville Resident Wins Prestigious Small Game Award
- 12/09/19-ANNUAL FIRST DAY HIKE A GREAT WAY TO BURN OFF HOLIDAY CALORIES
- Pechmann Center Offers Fishing Workshops in January
- 12/08/19-A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A NĀPALI COAST RANGER