It's very easy to put up finger mullet for future use. During the late summer, fall and early winter, when mullet are plentiful in the surf, I typically put a few dozen bags of mullet in the freezer. When I return home from fishing at the beach, I simply dump out my left over mullet in the grass, rinse off the sand, and put them in pint and quart bags. I put these in the freezer, and during the rest of the year, I just grab a bag or two and head to beach. They thaw very quickly at the beach and are usally good for a couople more days if put them in the fridge between fishing trips. Mind you I have an old fridge in the garage that is used mostly for bait (and a few beers) as it tends to smell a bit fishy.
Latest from Jason
- 06/26/19-DLNR POSITIONS AVAILABLE AT STATE OF HAWAII CAREER FAIR
- 06/25/19-KAULUNANI URBAN AND COMMUNITY FORESTRY PROGRAM CALL FOR 2019 GRANT PROPOSALS
- 06/24/19-NEW FEES AT KOKE‘E & WAIMEA CANYON STATE PARKS
- More Bad News for Bats as Fungal Pathogen that Causes White-Nose Syndrome Found in Four New Counties
- 06/21/19-HALF DAY CLOSURES AT KUA BAY NEXT WEEK