It's very easy to put up finger mullet for future use. During the late summer, fall and early winter, when mullet are plentiful in the surf, I typically put a few dozen bags of mullet in the freezer. When I return home from fishing at the beach, I simply dump out my left over mullet in the grass, rinse off the sand, and put them in pint and quart bags. I put these in the freezer, and during the rest of the year, I just grab a bag or two and head to beach. They thaw very quickly at the beach and are usally good for a couople more days if put them in the fridge between fishing trips. Mind you I have an old fridge in the garage that is used mostly for bait (and a few beers) as it tends to smell a bit fishy.
Latest from Jason
- 8/1/20-A DECADE OF URCHIN ACTIVITY IN KĀNEʻOHE BAY LEADS TO SEAWEED-FREE CORALS
- 7/31/20-FIRST DOCARE ACADEMY FOR ROOKIE CONSERVATION OFFICERS MARKS NUMEROUS FIRSTS
- 7/29/20-NON-NATIVE CORALS REMOVED FROM KĀNEʻOHE BAY
- 7/28/20-PEOPLE BEHAVING BADLY LEADS TO CLOSURE OF POLIHALE STATE PARK
- 7/28/20-AN ANCIENT LO‘I KALO IN HAKIPU‘U PROTECTED FOREVER