It's very easy to put up finger mullet for future use. During the late summer, fall and early winter, when mullet are plentiful in the surf, I typically put a few dozen bags of mullet in the freezer. When I return home from fishing at the beach, I simply dump out my left over mullet in the grass, rinse off the sand, and put them in pint and quart bags. I put these in the freezer, and during the rest of the year, I just grab a bag or two and head to beach. They thaw very quickly at the beach and are usally good for a couople more days if put them in the fridge between fishing trips. Mind you I have an old fridge in the garage that is used mostly for bait (and a few beers) as it tends to smell a bit fishy.
Latest from Jason
- 02/19/19-HAWAI‘I CELEBRATES WORLD WETLANDS DAY
- Hatchery Supported Trout Waters Closed to Fishing, March 1 until April 6
- 02/15/19-RECOGNITION FOR INVASIVE SPECIES ‘MOST VALUABLE PLAYERS’
- 02/15/19-RAPID RESPONSE UNDERWAY TO STOP TINY, INVASIVE INSECT
- February 21, 2019 Commission Meeting Agenda Package